Seychelles, officially the Republic of the Seychelles, is an archipelago and country in the Indian Ocean. The 115 island country, whose capital is Victoria, lies 1,500 kilometers east of mainland East Africa. The legal tender (official currency) is Seychellois rupee (SCR).
The companies in Seychelles are mainly in two categories, International Business Company (IBC) and Special Licensing Company (CSL). Registration of IBS is the most common way to operate business in Seychelles and adopts the International Business Corporation Law as the main company law. The company registration, operation and taxation requirements are relatively simple, thus less information to be disclosed.
Advantages of Seychelles IBC
- Provide privacy protection without the disclosure of shareholders and directors
- Offshore business activities or transactions of IBC are not required to declare tax and pay any taxes
- Chinese company names available
- No foreign exchange controls
Requirements of registration
- At least one shareholder and director
- Local address for registration
Standard registered capital
Required information and time
- Company names in both English and Chinese versions
- ID card or passport copy of shareholders and directors
- Registration for a new company takes about 16 days
- Merge and acquisition for an existing shell takes about 7 days